レクチャー

 I normally do not read books, let along poetry, so I did not expect to be as interested in Dr. Angles' work as I was. The mechanism of translation is something that interests me, as it is impossible to truly take the meaning of one language and put it into another. Therefore, translators must be able to fill in informational gaps with their knowledge, a process that is very difficult. I particularly enjoyed the point where he read Ito's poetry, as to me meaning originating from word order is the most interesting meaning in language. His method of translating, explaining, and performing the poem was very clear and concise, conveying the meaning of the poem as effectively as one could in English. イベントは とても 面白かったです。いとさんのしは 僕の 一番 好きなしでした。しと文学が あまり 好きじゃないけど、アングレス先生のレクチャーはよかったです。

Comments

Popular Posts